US retail giant Target is in the early stages of developing its own mobile payment service. “Target’s team has taken some important decisions such as partnering with credit card companies,” Reuters reports. “The mobile wallet could launch as early as next year.” Target is the latest member of retailer-led consortium MCX to show interest in launching its own mobile payment service, following in the footsteps of Walmart which launched Walmart Pay earlier this month.
- Visa finalises acquisition of Rambus’ payments and ticketing businesses
- Ahold Delhaize brings mobile self-checkout to US supermarkets
- Payments networks begin rollout of single buy button for online commerce
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline