Facebook Messenger users across the US will soon be able to order and pay for an Uber taxi from within the chat app. “Within a conversation, tap the more menu and choose transportation,” Facebook says. “You can also search directly for Uber and tap the car icon to request a ride. For a limited time, you’ll get a free ride the first time you use this feature.” Payments are being processed by PayPal’s Braintree.
- Crédit Agricole issues biometric payment cards in France
- Amazon expands pay by palm technology to Whole Foods Market store
- Apple lets US families build credit by sharing Apple Card accounts
- German savings banks roll out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
This article is more than five years old