Facebook Messenger users across the US will soon be able to order and pay for an Uber taxi from within the chat app. “Within a conversation, tap the more menu and choose transportation,” Facebook says. “You can also search directly for Uber and tap the car icon to request a ride. For a limited time, you’ll get a free ride the first time you use this feature.” Payments are being processed by PayPal’s Braintree.
- Stats show regional variations in UK adoption of contactless and mobile payments during pandemic
- UK retailers explore facial analysis technology for customer age verification
- ECB survey reveals Europeans expect digital euro to be private, secure and easy to use
- Hong Kong and Macau to distribute stimulus payments to citizens’ digital wallets
- Emirates NBD rewards customers for adopting contactless payments
This article is more than five years old