US retailer-led mobile wallet consortium MCX, which announced a deal earlier this week to support JP Morgan Chase’s new Chase Pay service, is expanding its Columbus, Ohio pilot to include 200 stores operated by “12 large retailers”. “MCX may expand the test gradually to other states in the first quarter of next year,” CEO Brian Mooney has told Reuters. “Customers who have used the product are using it more than once a week,” Mooney said.
- Visa finalises acquisition of Rambus’ payments and ticketing businesses
- Ahold Delhaize brings mobile self-checkout to US supermarkets
- Payments networks begin rollout of single buy button for online commerce
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline