US retailer-led mobile wallet consortium MCX, which announced a deal earlier this week to support JP Morgan Chase’s new Chase Pay service, is expanding its Columbus, Ohio pilot to include 200 stores operated by “12 large retailers”. “MCX may expand the test gradually to other states in the first quarter of next year,” CEO Brian Mooney has told Reuters. “Customers who have used the product are using it more than once a week,” Mooney said.
- PBOC reports first counterfeit digital currency wallets
- JPMorgan begins digital currency test
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday