Supermarket giant Carrefour Belgium has teamed up with Visa Europe and transaction services provider Worldline to roll out contactless payments in 747 stores across the country by the end of this year. “This is a unique momentum in the Belgian payment sector as it is the first time that a large retail store is proposing consumers to pay contactless,” Carrefour says.
- UN reports on impact of Covid-19 on ecommerce payments in developing countries
- Mashreq Bank rolls out contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- Contactless payment and instant credit ecosystem rolls out in UAE
- Hyundai includes fingerprint payments sensor in new Genesis GV70 vehicles
- McKinsey and EBA identify threats to European banks’ payments revenues
This article is more than five years old