Supermarket giant Carrefour Belgium has teamed up with Visa Europe and transaction services provider Worldline to roll out contactless payments in 747 stores across the country by the end of this year. “This is a unique momentum in the Belgian payment sector as it is the first time that a large retail store is proposing consumers to pay contactless,” Carrefour says.
- Bank of America adds face recognition to mobile banking app
- Google details its plan to offer free US bank accounts via Google Pay
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Google to offer bank accounts?