Android Pay could be launching on Wednesday, August 26, a leaked memo from fast-food chain McDonald’s to its US employees suggests. “We’ve got at least one source showing that McDonald’s is distributing this date to multiple stores,” Android Police reports. The report comes as Google launches the final version of its Android 6.0 Marshmallow developer preview.
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
- European banks invest €30m in EU rival to Visa and Mastercard
- Mastercard in talks with PBOC over support for cross-border digital yuan transactions
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
This article is more than five years old