The fingerprint sensor market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17% between 2015 and 2020, research from MarketsandMarkets has found, with its value projected to reach US$14.5bn by 2020 from $5.5bn in 2014. “In terms of shipments, the market is projected to reach $10bn by 2020 at CAGR of double digits between 2015 and 2020,” the research team adds.
- Researchers develop secure vibration-based authentication for visually impaired users to unlock their mobile device
- More than half of payments made with First National Bank cards in South Africa are now contactless
- Dutch rail network begins national rollout of contactless open loop fare payments
- Central Bank of Jordan doubles daily contactless limit
- Trust Payments to share lessons learned from developing a softPOS solution for merchants across Europe
This article is more than seven years old