Drivers in Las Vegas can pick up offers from local businesses via 16 interactive on-street parking meters. The service is part of the City Connector project launched by MasterCard and fare collection systems provider Parkeon. “Customers can select any deals using the terminals’ interactive screens, after which the relevant coupons are immediately printed and redeemed at the POS when visiting the merchant,” Parkeon explains.
- Atac pilots contactless fare payments on buses in Rome
- Nigeria to let consumers use feature phones to make payments with national digital currency
- Central bank rolls out national contactless transit ticketing system in Costa Rica
- Ethiopian government adds health records to contactless cards
- RBR: More than 12,000 checkout-free contactless stores to be in operation by 2027
This article is more than six years old