US Bank cardmembers will be among the first to have access to Android Pay for credit and debit card transactions when the service launches later this year. “Android Pay gives our customers added value by providing another way to use their US Bank credit and debit cards to pay for purchases with their mobile devices,” says the bank’s Shailesh Kotwal. US Bank will announce more details on the service later in 2015.
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
- More than 100m Americans to make an in-store mobile payment in 2021
- East Caribbean Central Bank launches digital currency
- Chinese banks roll out digital yuan wallets
This article is more than five years old