The number of contactless transactions in the UK has risen 150% in the last six months, with the average transaction now valued at £7.24, payments processor Worldpay has revealed. Credit and debit card transaction volumes are also on the rise across the country, with card payments up 9.3% in London, followed by Leeds (8.9%), Reading (8%), Southampton (7.9%), and Liverpool (7.7%).
- Report: US retailers must pay a premium for Apple Card transactions
- German savings banks switch on support for Apple Pay
- Interflora lets customers use Alexa to order and pay for flowers
- Mastercard pilots decentralized digital identities
- PicWicToys lets shoppers skip the checkout lines