Hotel customers with high credit scores will be able to book rooms on Alibaba’s online travel booking platform Alitrip without having to provide their credit card for room deposits and bypass check-out with payments automatically deducted from their Alipay accounts. The Post Post Pay service, launched by Alitrip and Sesame Credit, the Alibaba-related Ant Financial Services Group credit agency, will be available in some 5,500 hotels in China, Alizila reports, including Starwood, Shangri-La, Jinling, New Century and Landison.
- Fiat Chrysler to let drivers order and pay for Grubhub food deliveries from their cars
- Agricultural Bank of China pilots central bank digital currency ATMs
- Mastercard pilots cloud POS solution for contactless payments acceptance on NFC smartphones
- Juniper forecasts 2.2bn QR code payment users by 2025
- Dynamo Kyiv to reward soccer fans with digital tokens
This article is more than five years old