Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) is now offering customers with an NFC mobile phone running Android 4.4 KitKat or higher the ability to make mobile payments using host card emulation. “The payments can be made via CBA’s mobile banking app, which so far has 3.2 million registered users and has been used to make more than $100bn in transactions since late 2013,” Australian Financial Review reports.
- Bank of America adds face recognition to mobile banking app
- Google details its plan to offer free US bank accounts via Google Pay
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Google to offer bank accounts?