Visitors at this year’s International CES in Las Vegas will be guided around the mammoth tradeshow with their smartphones and Bluetooth beacons provided by Radius Networks. “Through the CES app, users can select a CES destination such as an exhibitor booth,” the organisers explain. “The app will then show directions from the current position using the BLE beacons placed throughout the show floor.” The navigation system covers an area estimated at four million square feet.
- NFC Forum reports on consumer attitudes and adoption trends across the world
- PBOC reports first counterfeit digital currency wallets
- JPMorgan begins digital currency test
- CTA adds support for Apple Pay Express Transit for tap-and-go fare payments in Chicago
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday