Indian restaurant chain Adigas is rolling out NFC payments to its customers in partnership with mobile payment company iKaaz, starting first in its Brahmin’s Coffee Bar in south Bangalore. “NFC cards/tags are issued to customers [and] mapped to their mobile phones to enable micro-payments,” Iamin reports. “Customers can load amounts between Rs100 (US$1.60) and Rs10,000 with the annual transaction limit set at Rs1lakh (US$1,611).”
- Bank of America adds face recognition to mobile banking app
- Google details its plan to offer free US bank accounts via Google Pay
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Google to offer bank accounts?