The National Roman Legion Museum in Caerleon, Wales, is using Bluetooth beacons to let visitors discover more about the collections on show on their mobile devices. The National Museum of Wales is testing the technology in partnership with People’s Collection Wales and app developer Locly. The move follows a successful first trial at the National Slate Museum in Llanberis.
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Jakarta transport networks trial transit card and mobile app for multimodal contactless ticketing
- Delhi Metro begins rolling out upgraded mobile and contactless ticketing system
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
This article is more than seven years old