The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston has published Update on the US Regulatory Landscape for Mobile Payments, a summary of the latest meeting of the Mobile Payments Industry Workgroup (MPIW). “The industry and regulators are still trying to come to a common understanding about the different mobile technology solutions and how they impact the payments system,” the report found.
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
- Six in ten US merchants now accept contactless payments
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- TreeCard launches wooden contactless debit card
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
This article is more than six years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday