More than one million Brits have now registered for Paym, the mobile payments service operated by the UK’s Payments Council, with just over £6.5m being sent on the platform since its launch in April this year. “It’s hugely encouraging that one million people have chosen to register for Paym already, but this milestone only marks the start of growth in the service,” says the company’s Jemma Smith.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot