“Nearly all mobile payments growth on Adyen’s platform in Q2 originated from smartphones,” the payments processor’s latest global Mobile Payments Index has found. “Europe leads the world in mcommerce transactions, with 22.7% of all transactions originating from a mobile device (12.4% phone; 10.3% tablet). This represents a near 40% increase from June 2013, when mobile represented 16.3% of total transactions.”
- Nine in ten UK in-store card payments are now contactless
- EU to debut digital euro project this year?
- One in three Indian households now use digital payments
- China unveils plan to build a global payment network based on central bank digital currencies
- BBC Click showcases Tappy’s wearable contactless payments technology
This article is more than six years old