Barclays’ Pingit P2P payments service has been used to send £540million since the launch of the service in February 2012, the bank has revealed, and the app has been downloaded 3m times. One in four UK Pingit users are based in London and users in the capital sent more than £60m via Pingit in the first six months of 2014.
- Mobile wallet transaction volumes overtake cash payments in stores
- National QR payments and rewards system to be launched in Australia
- Huawei Pay goes live in Pakistan
- Tencent and Ant to integrate digital yuan wallets into mobile banking apps
- European Payments Initiative issues call for technical partners
This article is more than six years old