A guide to host card emulation (HCE) and SIM-based NFC payments options has been produced by Consult Hyperion, in conjunction with GSMA. Each technology offers important benefits for financial institutions, HCE and SIM Secure Element: It’s not Black and White (PDF) concludes. “They should not be viewed as mutually exclusive and a combination of the approaches may be appropriate for differing applications and markets,” it adds.
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
- Six in ten US merchants now accept contactless payments
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- TreeCard launches wooden contactless debit card
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
This article is more than six years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday