Alibaba-owned online payments giant Alipay has launched an NFC ticketing service, ECNS reports. The new All Pass service lets NFC phone owners in China use one prepaid account to pay for transit rides in multiple cities, ECNS says, and can currently be used with three Oppo phone models to make payments in 35 cities. Further NFC phones and 25 more cities are to be added by the end of this year.
- Card networks begin global Click to Pay rollout
- Apple Pay to add support for QR mobile payments in iOS 14?
- Orange Bank introduces mobile-first debit card in Spain
- US Bank lets companies instantly send a corporate card to employees’ mobile phones
- Nedbank to roll out support for contactless payments on standard NFC smartphones
This article is more than six years old