Apple will sell 21million units of its much anticipated iWatch in fiscal year 2015, at a cost of US$300 per unit, according to a research note by UBS analyst Steven Milunovich, AppleInsider reports. Sales will then ramp up to 36m the following year, he predicts.
- Canada’s York University rolls out mobile student IDs to reduce plastic usage
- US Consumer Financial Protection Bureau proposes new rule to oversee Big Tech digital wallet and payment app providers
- More UK banks add support for Apple Wallet’s Connected Cards feature
- UK rail operators call for expressions of interest in developing national pay-as-you-go contactless ticketing
- Connectivity Standards Alliance unveils communication protocol to support interoperability and promote digital access adoption