Customers of Singapore’s OCBC Bank can now send up to S$100 a day to any of their Facebook friends from their phone, using a new Pay Anyone feature in the bank’s mobile app. Recipients are notified of a payment via a post on their Facebook wall and must enter a six-digit code given to them by the sender to receive the money. Pay Anyone can also be used to transfer funds to anyone in a customer’s email or phone contacts list.
- Most UK retailers say strong customer authentication is not a key concern for post-pandemic recovery
- Kazakhstan to pilot central bank digital currency
- German supermarket to trial anonymous checkout-free shopping
- Singapore university to pilot virtual commercial payment card
- Visa switches on Apple Pay support in Japan
This article is more than seven years old