Rambus — known as Bell ID until February 2017 — develops software to provision and manage the lifecycle of user credentials on mobile NFC devices.
Through host card emulation (HCE), banks, telecom operators and service providers can take direct control over their customer portfolio by using Rambus software to perform tasks previously associated with a trusted service manager.
Rambus contributes to NFC World, sharing expertise gained through involvement in over two decades of chip lifecycle management implementations for mobile, ID and EMV payment projects worldwide.
Ask the experts…
These executives from Rambus are on the NFC World Expert Panel and are ready to answer your questions:
David Worthington advises the company and its major clients on strategic opportunities in the application of new payments, mobile and chip technologies.
David is happy to take questions on NFC and smart cards, including Host Card Emulation, Trusted Service Management, EMV.
Martin Cox leads the sales team and has been deeply involved in projects around EMV smart cards, mobile NFC, TSM and HCE implementations.
Martin is happy to take questions on NFC and smart cards, including Host Card Emulation, Trusted Service Management, EMV.
Robert is an experienced technology consultant with 15 years of experience in chip lifecycle management, ranging from identity smart card implementations for governments and enterprises to EMV chip card migration projects for banks worldwide.
Robert is happy to take questions on NFC and smart cards, including Host Card Emulation, Trusted Service Management, EMV.
Latest white papers from Rambus…
- The blockchain – Not as secure as you think 25 October 2018
- Five reasons why ecommerce sites need a token gateway 5 October 2018
- What is card-on-file EMV tokenization? 25 September 2018
- Securing real-time payments with payment account tokenization 29 May 2018
- Scan and go: How mobile wallets are transforming retail 16 April 2018
Tokenization explained in 81 seconds
We’ve produced a handy video explaining in the simplest terms what tokenization is, and how Rambus can help you put in your own tokenization solution:
Webinar: Beyond OEM Pay — Mobile payment strategies for banks
Join NFC World and Rambus Bell ID’s Martin Cox to find out how banks can move beyond standard handset maker and card network schemes to provide differentiated mobile payment offerings that retain customers, attract new business and add fresh revenue streams.
This one-hour webinar was recorded on 13 October 2016 and was rated as 4.2 out of 5 by participants.
Online workshop: Understanding tokenization and host card emulation
Join NFC World and mobile payments specialist David Worthington from Rambus Bell ID for an online workshop that explains how tokenization works and how it can help you better secure mobile payment services.
This one-hour webinar was recorded on 17 February 2015 and was rated as 4.2 out of 5 by participants.
From the Rambus blog…
- Visa to Acquire Rambus Payments and Ticketing Businesses 25 June 2019
- Network tokenization versus PCI tokenization: five key differences 5 June 2019
- Can network tokenization limit false declines? 31 May 2019
- What is network tokenization? 15 April 2019
- Securing Crypto Assets on the Blockchain 29 March 2019
- Mobile World Congress 2019: A payments perspective 6 March 2019
- You must embrace, threats from cyberspace, to your card-on-file database 27 February 2019
- Real-Time Payments and The Growing Obsolescence of Cash 13 February 2019
- When Real-Time Payments Go Wrong 5 February 2019
- Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam Chooses Rambus for Its Mobile Strategy, Helping to Secure Customer Mobile Payments and Transactions 25 January 2019
Rambus in NFC World
- Visa to acquire Rambus’ payments and ticketing business 25 June 2019
- Rambus explains advantages of network tokenization 2 May 2019
- Meet NFC World’s partners at MWC19 24 February 2019
- Rambus to provide multimodal NFC ticketing solution to South Yorkshire’s bus, tram and train operators 3 January 2019
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions 6 December 2018
- Rambus explains how tokenization can close the blockchain security gap 25 October 2018
- Rambus launches bank-grade blockchain and cryptocurrency security platform 22 October 2018
- Rambus sets out the benefits of using a token gateway to protect EMV card-on-file data 5 October 2018
- Rambus explains how online merchants can use card-on-file EMV tokenization to reduce fraud and improve the online payments experience 25 September 2018
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway 13 September 2018
- Scottish railway operator pilots HCE for mobile ticketing 31 July 2018
- Coles Supermarkets picks Rambus’ Unified Payment Platform to ‘revolutionise retail in Australia’ 26 July 2018
- NFC World welcomes 120 new members from 43 countries 7 June 2018
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Money20/20 Europe 1 June 2018
- Rambus explains how tokenization can be used to reduce the risks of real-time payments 29 May 2018
- Rambus brings tokenization to real-time payments 10 May 2018
- Rambus white paper sets out the benefits of in-aisle mobile checkout 16 April 2018
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress 23 February 2018
- Rambus explains how tokenization can add security to healthcare, ID, the blockchain and more 9 February 2018
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018 15 December 2017