Nordic bank Nordea has launched the first version of its Open Banking/Open API portal, offering third-party developers the chance to collaborate with the bank as part of the requirements laid out by the European Payment Services Directive (PSD2). “Nordea is seeking to actively collaborate with third parties and industry innovators to co-create future banking services,” says Nordea’s Jarkko Turunen. The bank’s Liisa Kanniainen has written for NFC World’s What’s New in Payments report on what the new European PSD2 and GDPR regulations mean for the future role of banks.
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Golden Goose adds NFC tags to limited edition sneakers
- TfL reports on mobile payments adoption on London’s transport network
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Madeira to pilot fingerprint biometric cards for decentralized digital IDs