Fans of Welsh rugby union club Cardiff Blues can now receive personalized messages and coupons on their mobile phone through Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons installed at the team’s stadium. The beacons will initially be used to deliver welcome messages, discount coupons and reminders to vote for the fans’ man of the match. GCell provided the devices which work in conjunction with the Cardiff Blues mobile app.
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
This article is more than four years old