Biometric identity solutions provider Tascent has announced a US$18.5m Series A funding round to build out its biometric technology platform. “The Series A round enables Tascent to develop new high-throughput iris recognition and mobile biometric identity solutions, enhancing its product lineup and further expanding its presence in government, enterprise and other market sectors,” the company says.
- Amsterdam gets tap-in tap-out open loop contactless fare payments
- Port of San Diego adds contactless biometric immigration checks using facial recognition
- India pilots digital rupee for contactless in-store and P2P payments
- Apple Pay to start pilot rollout in South Korea
- UBS leverages NFC and biometrics to let Swiss residents open a bank account from their mobile phone
This article is more than seven years old