The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority is planning to pilot Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons in Los Angeles’ Union Station to track a commuter’s journey and send out relevant information directly to their smartphone. “If the pilot program goes well, the beacons could spread across Los Angeles County to reach hundreds of thousands of commuters on Metro’s sprawling network of bus and rail lines,” LA Times reports.
- Crédit Agricole issues biometric payment cards in France
- Amazon expands pay by palm technology to Whole Foods Market store
- Car Connectivity Consortium to release specification for hands-free Bluetooth and ultra wideband digital keys
- Apple lets US families build credit by sharing Apple Card accounts
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
This article is more than six years old