Two Dutch schoolboys have developed KeyTouch, an app that uses Apple’s Touch ID technology to protect access to Mac computers. “Apple fans who happen to own Touch ID-enabled iPhone and iPad models can use the app to unlock and lock their Macs as long as their OS X computers have Bluetooth 4.0 LE support and are running the KeyTouch companion app,” BGR reports.
- Researchers develop secure vibration-based authentication for visually impaired users to unlock their mobile device
- More than half of payments made with First National Bank cards in South Africa are now contactless
- Dutch rail network begins national rollout of contactless open loop fare payments
- Central Bank of Jordan doubles daily contactless limit
- Trust Payments to share lessons learned from developing a softPOS solution for merchants across Europe
This article is more than eight years old