UK Football League sponsor Sky Bet has installed Bluetooth beacons at Elland Road, Leeds and the New York Stadium, Rotherham to send offers to football fans as part of a pilot project that could be rolled out to other locations across the country. “The feedback from both clubs has been encouraging and, although this technology is still very new, the potential is enormous,” says the online sports betting firm’s Andrew Walton.
- Samsung unveils ultra wideband Smart Tags
- Hyundai to let drivers use their iPhone to unlock their vehicle
- BBC Click showcases Tappy’s wearable contactless payments technology
- Samsung adds support for UWB and NFC digital car keys
- Antelop explains how token management solutions can help banks cut costs and improve their customers’ user experience
This article is more than six years old