The Samsung Wave 578 is now available from Orange France, in the UK as a ‘Quick Tap’ handset via Orange, and in Singapore. The handset, announced at the Mobile World Congress in February 2011, runs Samsung’s Bada smartphone platform and will be offered by Orange across Europe.
- Apple leverages NFC to deliver exclusive rewards to Apple Watch gym users
- Transport for NSW reports on contactless ticketing adoption
- New York City bans cashless stores
- China publishes face recognition payments guidelines
- Sicilian farmers use NFC to let consumers verify the authenticity of premium blood oranges