The Samsung SGH-D500E NFC was the first NFC handset, announced in 2005 and used in the first trial in Caen, France later the same year.
- US Bank lets companies instantly send a corporate card to employees’ mobile phones
- Nedbank to roll out support for contactless payments on standard NFC smartphones
- NatWest lets online merchants accept instant payments from shoppers’ bank accounts
- European banks to create cross-border instant payments system
- 7-Eleven lets drivers pay at the pump with their voice