The Motorola L7 SLVR was a developer/prototype phone with crude NFC functionality built into a special battery cover. It was used in Deutsche Bahn’s Touch&Travel trial as well as in an internal trial run by Discover Financial Services in the US during 2007.
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Golden Goose adds NFC tags to limited edition sneakers
- TfL reports on mobile payments adoption on London’s transport network
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Madeira to pilot fingerprint biometric cards for decentralized digital IDs