RFID medical sensor specialist Gentag‘s GT-601 phone is aimed at “people who are concerned only with basic voice communication, mobile payments, social networks, and diagnostics using a low-cost mobile wireless device.” The candybar handset is expected to retail at $119 or 89 euros, incorporates an NXP PN544 NFC controller and will go into volume production in 2011.
- ITSO reports on the role of transit ticketing in mobility-as-a-service solutions
- India’s Icici Bank launches open banking portal
- Malaysian government offers cash incentives to mobile payments users
- Real-time video shows Cilab’s high-speed NFC tester in action
- Indonesia begins EMV QR mobile payments rollout