RFID medical sensor specialist Gentag‘s GT-601 phone is aimed at “people who are concerned only with basic voice communication, mobile payments, social networks, and diagnostics using a low-cost mobile wireless device.” The candybar handset is expected to retail at $119 or 89 euros, incorporates an NXP PN544 NFC controller and will go into volume production in 2011.
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11
- Ahold Delhaize to roll out NFC shelf edge labels in supermarkets across Europe