RFID medical sensor specialist Gentag’s GT-601 phone is aimed at “people who are concerned only with basic voice communication, mobile payments, social networks, and diagnostics using a low-cost mobile wireless device.” The candybar handset is expected to retail at $119 or 89 euros, incorporates an NXP PN544 NFC controller and will go into volume production in 2011.
- UK to more than double contactless spending limit to £100
- EU to introduce digital vaccination passes
- Fidesmo Pay expands to Switzerland
- Sofia rolls out single journey QR mobile tickets across public transportation network
- Mobile wallet transaction volumes overtake cash payments in stores