RFID medical sensor specialist Gentag’s GT-601 phone is aimed at “people who are concerned only with basic voice communication, mobile payments, social networks, and diagnostics using a low-cost mobile wireless device.” The candybar handset is expected to retail at $119 or 89 euros, incorporates an NXP PN544 NFC controller and will go into volume production in 2011.
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
- LA Metro to let passengers add their TAP transit card to Apple Pay ‘this year’
- Visa moves into the instalment payments market
- Amazon unveils self-checkout shopping trolleys
- Coca-Cola lets consumers dispense drinks with their mobile phones