RFID medical sensor specialist Gentag‘s GT-601 phone is aimed at “people who are concerned only with basic voice communication, mobile payments, social networks, and diagnostics using a low-cost mobile wireless device.” The candybar handset is expected to retail at $119 or 89 euros, incorporates an NXP PN544 NFC controller and will go into volume production in 2011.
- Facebook Pay launches on Facebook and Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp to follow
- Suncorp Stadium reports on NFC event ticketing adoption rates
- NXP combines NFC and UWB for mobile car keys
- Translink to pilot NFC tags at Queensland bus stops
- EU banks plot pan-European rival to Visa and Mastercard