RFID medical sensor specialist Gentag‘s GT-601 phone is aimed at “people who are concerned only with basic voice communication, mobile payments, social networks, and diagnostics using a low-cost mobile wireless device.” The candybar handset is expected to retail at $119 or 89 euros, incorporates an NXP PN544 NFC controller and will go into volume production in 2011.
- EBA recommends Europe-wide contactless transaction limit increase
- Table: Contactless payment transaction limit increases around the world
- Mastercard: 29 countries have now agreed to raise their contactless payment limit
- ST to host NFC reader webinar
- Mastercard, Thales and Tappy explain how watch and wearable brands can add support for payments