A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys — Engadget — “With a fingerprint sensor on the inside, it can confirm that you’re the authorized user. Then, you slide on the ring, and an onboard IR optical sensor makes sure the device is still on your finger. As long as you have not taken it off, you can authorize transactions with a tap of your hand… Token transmits the authentication signal over NFC in most situations.”
- Delhi Metro reports on passenger uptake of QR paper tickets
- Seven-Eleven stores in Japan to let consumers access ATM services via face biometrics
- Apple picks iris biometrics for Vision Pro virtual reality headset user authentication
- Google Wallet GM Jenny Cheng announces support for new types of contactless credentials
- Maryland becomes first US state to make mobile IDs available to both Apple and Google wallet users
This article is more than five years old
One comment on this article
Just like my Apple Watch.
Comments are closed.