Westpac has become the first of Australia’s big four banks to begin supporting Samsung Pay, taking the service to “millions of Westpac Mastercard and Visa debit and credit cardholders” following its launch in the country with support from American Express and Citibank in June 2016. Westpac added support for Android Pay in December 2016 and was one of four banks that were recently denied access to the NFC technology in Apple iPhones by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
- Singapore university to pilot virtual commercial payment card
- Visa switches on Apple Pay support in Japan
- Irish banks plan Yippay mobile payments joint venture to compete with new entrants
- Bahamas links digital currency to bank accounts
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
This article is more than four years old