US bank Wells Fargo will become the first in the country to upgrade its entire network of ATMs with mobile withdrawal functionality next week, as the bank prepares to roll out the service to 13,000 machines. “Customers would get unique eight-digit codes from their Wells Fargo smartphone app and enter the code into the ATM along with their PIN number,” CBS San Francisco reports. The bank will also upgrade its ATMs with NFC technology “later this year,” the publication adds.
- Apple Pay goes live in Israel
- Aion Bank onboards personal and business customers via NFC
- Porsche lets owners in Australia find, access and pay for parking from their vehicle
- Chinese banks unveil CBDC hardware prototypes for multiple use cases
- Samsung Pay to add support for local currencies in South Korea
This article is more than four years old