US bank Wells Fargo will become the first in the country to upgrade its entire network of ATMs with mobile withdrawal functionality next week, as the bank prepares to roll out the service to 13,000 machines. “Customers would get unique eight-digit codes from their Wells Fargo smartphone app and enter the code into the ATM along with their PIN number,” CBS San Francisco reports. The bank will also upgrade its ATMs with NFC technology “later this year,” the publication adds.
- NFCW Expo online exhibition opens 21 September
- Vanquis leverages open banking to let credit-building customers pay off balances instantly
- Bahamas to roll out central bank digital currency nationwide
- Jacksonville Jaguars add QR payments to mobile ticketing app
- Titan and SBI pick Tappy wearable payments technology for India’s first contactless payment watches
- Malaysian bank rolls out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
This article is more than three years old