Customers of Ukraine’s KredoBank can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments by adding Mastercard credit or debit cards to its new KredoPay wallet. KredoPay — available to customers with a device running Android 4.4 KitKat or higher — is the country’s first mobile payments service to use the Mastercard Digital Enablement Service (MDES). Ukraine’s PrivatBank launched its HCE based mobile payments service using the Visa Token Service (VTS) platform in December 2016.
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
This article is more than four years old