Nearly 20% of US smartphone owners have used a mobile payment app at a retail location, research released by Parks Associates shows. “PayPal is overwhelmingly the most used payment app with 63% of payment app users choosing this payment solution, compared to 38% who use the Starbucks app,” the firm says, adding that 80% of consumers are “very satisfied” with the mobile payment apps they use.
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
This article is more than four years old