Homeowners with smart home company August’s Smart Lock system are now able to ask an Amazon Alexa-enabled device to unlock their front door using their voice and a secure voice PIN of four to 12 digits. Users “can begin using Alexa by enabling the August Smart Lock skill within the Alexa app”, the firm says. August will “also soon integrate with” Google Assistant, Forbes reports.
- Swedish sportswear brand adds NFC zippers to enhance customer engagement
- Unspent stored value on Starbucks prepaid cards nears US$1.63bn
- Strasbourg rolls out interoperable NFC ticketing for all Android devices
- Australian public hearing considers case for regulatory controls to ensure payment apps get access to smartphone NFC technology
- Santa Barbara gets fare capped open loop contactless ticketing as California rollout expands
This article is more than four years old