Homeowners with smart home company August’s Smart Lock system are now able to ask an Amazon Alexa-enabled device to unlock their front door using their voice and a secure voice PIN of four to 12 digits. Users “can begin using Alexa by enabling the August Smart Lock skill within the Alexa app”, the firm says. August will “also soon integrate with” Google Assistant, Forbes reports.
- UOB lets customers use its mobile banking app to link debit and credit cards to third-party apps
- Singapore adds face verification to national digital ID service
- First Bus enables Apple Pay Express Mode for contactless ticketing
- PSCU reports 70% increase in US mobile debit card transactions
- Google Pay adds bill splitting, movie bookings and scratchcard rewards in Singapore
This article is more than three years old