Cities will begin separating from their country’s national currency to launch their own digital money within 10 years, according to the CEO of blockchain-based financial network Bluzelle. “Blockchain and digital currencies make now the right time for a city to adopt its own currency,” Pavel Bains writes in an opinion piece published by CoinDesk.
- Digital greeting cards giant Evite adds contactless gifting
- UBS launches sustainable credit card made from corn
- OP Financial to pilot biometric payment card in Finland
- Stocard rolls out mobile payments service in four more European countries
- Nordic countries record surge in contactless payments during pandemic
This article is more than three years old