A newly published patent reveals Apple could be working on a strap design for the Apple Watch that will let wearers add extra functions to their device through modular links that connect together. The modular links contain working electronic components to enable features such as a blood pressure sensor or speaker. “The wearable device may receive identifiers from each of the modular functional band links, determine functionality available using the identifiers and communicate with one or more of the modular functional band links to utilise the determine functionality,” the patent reads.
- Shell lets Fiat Chrysler drivers pay for fuel from their vehicles
- Port Authority to pilot mobile ticketing on Pittsburgh buses
- Amazon to test palm payments at the point-of-sale
- ITSO reports on the role of transit ticketing in mobility-as-a-service solutions
- India’s Icici Bank launches open banking portal