US retail giant Target is to introduce its own mobile payment service to “one or more of its own apps” later this year, the company’s Michael McNamara has told Recode. “It’s not clear if Target will add the payment feature to its main Target app, its popular Cartwheel coupon app or both,” the publication reports. The service will initially be available to customers with Target REDcards, “debit or credit cards that come with perks like 5% off Target purchases and free shipping on online orders”. Reports that Target was planning to launch a mobile payment service emerged in December 2015.
- National QR payments and rewards system to be launched in Australia
- Huawei Pay goes live in Pakistan
- Tencent and Ant to integrate digital yuan wallets into mobile banking apps
- European Payments Initiative issues call for technical partners
- Apple Pay goes live in Mexico
This article is more than four years old