Japan’s Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group is planning to establish a company that provides biometric authentication services together with a “major Japanese IT company and an Irish company as early as this spring”, The Japan News reports. “The new company aims to expand its target to include all internet services, and make them available for finance, mail order and other areas,” the publication adds.
- ABN Amro trials integrated digital identity and payments app
- EMVCo releases contactless kernel specification to streamline payment acceptance
- New ST reader chip eases product certification for digital car key systems
- One in three UK consumers would ditch their wallet ‘if it weren’t for having to carry physical ID’
- UK updates Highway Code to allow drivers to make mobile payments from their vehicle
This article is more than five years old