Japan’s Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group is planning to establish a company that provides biometric authentication services together with a “major Japanese IT company and an Irish company as early as this spring”, The Japan News reports. “The new company aims to expand its target to include all internet services, and make them available for finance, mail order and other areas,” the publication adds.
- Canadian credit unions add Google Pay support for domestic debit cards
- JPMorgan Chase to tokenize open banking permissions
- One in three Canadians make mobile contactless payments ‘on a regular basis’
- WeChat Pay lets users charge in-store mobile payments to their credit card
- TransLink issues Compass Card key fobs