PARTNER NEWS: Retail giant Carrefour is piloting a mobile payments and loyalty service in France, secured with Gemalto’s Mobile Protector platform, that allows customers to validate payments with a PIN code or their fingerprint, receive and redeem coupons and access loyalty programs. The Wa! mobile wallet was originally developed by French bank BNP Paribas and merged with Carrefour’s Fivory electronic wallet in October 2016 to create a “unified, universal mobile payment solution”.
- PBOC reports first counterfeit digital currency wallets
- JPMorgan begins digital currency test
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
This article is more than three years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday