US consumers will be able to make NFC mobile payments using PayPal at the point of sale wherever Discover is accepted, and use their Discover Cashback Bonus to pay at online and mobile merchants that accept PayPal. “The agreement provides PayPal with access to Discover’s tokenization services,” PayPal says. PayPal extended its support for NFC mobile payments through a deal with Visa in July 2016 and partnership with Mastercard in September.
- Chinese banks and carriers to pilot central bank digital currency
- Danish office workers pilot face recognition payments
- Canadian credit unions add Google Pay support for domestic debit cards
- One in three Canadians make mobile contactless payments ‘on a regular basis’
- WeChat Pay lets users charge in-store mobile payments to their credit card