Asus has announced the first smartphone to support both Google’s Tango 3D augmented reality and Daydream virtual reality technologies. The ZenFone AR, announced at CES 2017, comes with three rear cameras to create a three-dimensional model of the phone’s surroundings and track its motion. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, Asus suggests the phone could help users tackle home-improvement projects and play more by interacting with virtual objects.
- Germany to begin rollout of open national digital identity service ‘later this year’
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Croatian merchants to leverage NFC for in-store consumer reviews
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
This article is more than three years old