Asus has announced the first smartphone to support both Google’s Tango 3D augmented reality and Daydream virtual reality technologies. The ZenFone AR, announced at CES 2017, comes with three rear cameras to create a three-dimensional model of the phone’s surroundings and track its motion. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, Asus suggests the phone could help users tackle home-improvement projects and play more by interacting with virtual objects.
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Jakarta transport networks trial transit card and mobile app for multimodal contactless ticketing
- Delhi Metro begins rolling out upgraded mobile and contactless ticketing system
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
This article is more than four years old