Asus has announced the first smartphone to support both Google’s Tango 3D augmented reality and Daydream virtual reality technologies. The ZenFone AR, announced at CES 2017, comes with three rear cameras to create a three-dimensional model of the phone’s surroundings and track its motion. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, Asus suggests the phone could help users tackle home-improvement projects and play more by interacting with virtual objects.
- Samsung lets Galaxy foldable phone users customise their device using NFC
- Apple goes live with Tap to Pay on iPhone in Brazil
- National Payments Corporation of India launches NFC-enabled QR codes and contactless voice payments on UPI
- Apple rolls out iOS 17 with support for music, games and contact sharing via NFC
- Translink lets school students use digital IDs to prove their eligibility for concessionary fares
This article is more than six years old