Indian consumers using the FreeCharge mobile wallet will have their wallet balance of up to Rs 20,000 (US$293) insured free of charge, Economic Times reports, as long as they are making transactions using the service at least once a month, through a partnership with Reliance General Insurance. Customers need to report a phone loss or theft to police and to FreeCharge by phone or email.
- San Francisco MTC lets passengers pay fares with Clipper on iPhone and Apple Watch
- ECB survey reveals Europeans expect digital euro to be private, secure and easy to use
- Hong Kong and Macau to distribute stimulus payments to citizens’ digital wallets
- Emirates NBD rewards customers for adopting contactless payments
- Russia to create digital ruble prototype by December
This article is more than four years old