Mastercard and Visa have signed a tokenization agreement that will allow Mastercard to request tokenized Visa credentials from Visa for provisioning into Masterpass and Visa to request tokenized Mastercard payment credentials from Mastercard for provisioning into Visa Checkout. The agreement will “accelerate the adoption of tokens” across both digital payment platforms, says Mastercard’s James Anderson.
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
- DBS Bank lets Singapore customers self-manage card security options in real time
This article is more than four years old