Mastercard and Visa have signed a tokenization agreement that will allow Mastercard to request tokenized Visa credentials from Visa for provisioning into Masterpass and Visa to request tokenized Mastercard payment credentials from Mastercard for provisioning into Visa Checkout. The agreement will “accelerate the adoption of tokens” across both digital payment platforms, says Mastercard’s James Anderson.
- EU banks plot pan-European rival to Visa and Mastercard
- EU antitrust chief examines Apple Pay
- DressCode ships contactless payments shirts
- Mastercard partners with Tappy Technologies for wearable payments in Asia
- PayPal and Venmo to move into in-store payments ‘next year’