Smart machines incorporating cognitive computing, artificial intelligence and machine learning will enter mainstream adoption by 2021, with 30% adoption by large companies, a report from Gartner says. Spending on smart machine consulting and system integration services will rise from US$451m in 2016 to nearly US$29bn in 2021, the technology research company adds. “Smart machines will profoundly change the way work is done and how value is created,” says Susan Tan from Gartner.
- Swedish sportswear brand adds NFC zippers to enhance customer engagement
- Unspent stored value on Starbucks prepaid cards nears US$1.63bn
- Strasbourg rolls out interoperable NFC ticketing for all Android devices
- Australian public hearing considers case for regulatory controls to ensure payment apps get access to smartphone NFC technology
- Santa Barbara gets fare capped open loop contactless ticketing as California rollout expands
This article is more than four years old