Smart machines incorporating cognitive computing, artificial intelligence and machine learning will enter mainstream adoption by 2021, with 30% adoption by large companies, a report from Gartner says. Spending on smart machine consulting and system integration services will rise from US$451m in 2016 to nearly US$29bn in 2021, the technology research company adds. “Smart machines will profoundly change the way work is done and how value is created,” says Susan Tan from Gartner.
- Samsung includes NFC, UWB and MST contactless technologies in foldable phones and wearables
- Apple Pay expands to Malaysia
- German football club trials NFC scarves that let fans access the stadium and receive special offers
- Hong Kong Fire Services Department to launch contactless triage cards to improve emergency response management
- Colombia to let citizens use digital ID for contactless cross-border travel in South America
This article is more than five years old