Smart machines incorporating cognitive computing, artificial intelligence and machine learning will enter mainstream adoption by 2021, with 30% adoption by large companies, a report from Gartner says. Spending on smart machine consulting and system integration services will rise from US$451m in 2016 to nearly US$29bn in 2021, the technology research company adds. “Smart machines will profoundly change the way work is done and how value is created,” says Susan Tan from Gartner.
- South Korea to use QR track and trace apps to combat spread of Covid-19
- Taipei light rail offers 50% discounts to mobile payment users
- AE Solar combats solar panel counterfeiting with NFC
- ST adds NFC car key reader chip
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
This article is more than three years old