Augmented reality start-up Blippar is adding real-time facial recognition technology to its mobile app, Business Insider reports. Users will be able to scan faces to unlock a “unique augmented reality experience”. Profiles for more than 70,000 public figures have been created, while users will eventually be able to set up their own profile. Blippar is this Christmas working with London’s Covent Garden to deliver what is claimed to be the largest showcase of AR technology attempted in one location.
- Luxury brand uses RFID tags and QR codes to link perfumes to digital twins
- Lloyds Bank adds NFC passport scanning to mobile banking app
- Indian food delivery service promotes online ordering with an NFC coaster
- Škoda adds support for contactless in-vehicle fuel payments in six European countries
- Nine in 10 payment ring users say it’s their favourite way to pay